The Arctic Data Committee (ADC) is a merge of the former Data Standing Committee of the International Arctic Science Committee (IDSC) and the Committee on Data and Information Services (CDIS) of the Sustaining Arctic Observing Systems (SAON).
- The ADC shall elect one Chair and two Vice Chairs from three different countries. These three individuals, along with the outgoing chair, form the Steering Group of the ADC. When possible, the four officers shall be from different disciplines/specialties/backgrounds within the overall focus areas of the ADC.
- The Steering Group of the ADC may meet intersessionally as required.
- The Chair and Vice Chairs shall be elected for a term of two years, and may be re-elected for one additional term.
- The ADC will conduct its work by correspondence as well as at meetings.
- The ADC may develop collaborative initiatives with other IASC or SAON Working Groups and with other scientific organizations outside of IASC and SAON.
- The ADC shall develop and maintain a web site to store records and communicate activities.
- The ADC shall maintain a list of supported activities and maintain a record of publications and workshops.
- The ADC may form fixed-term expert groups to examine specific questions or initiatives. Reports of expert groups shall be sent to the ADC for further consideration.
- The ADC shall hold at least one meeting per year.
- The ADC Chair will inform the IASC and SAON Executives and the broader community of meeting location and date no less than two months prior to the start of the meeting.
- The Chair and Vice chairs, working with the IASC and SAON secretariats, will circulate to ADC members a meeting agenda six weeks prior to the meeting. ADC members wishing to place items on the agenda will notify the chair of the items no less than three weeks prior to the meeting.
- Reports of the ADC to the IASC and SAON executive and the public shall include activities of the ADC and expert groups since the previous ADC meeting.
- ADC shall provide statements of past activities and future plans, list of recommendations put forward by the ADC
- Responses from the IASC and SAON Executives to reports from the ADC will be included in the final report.
- Executive summaries and full reports of the ADC shall be posted on the web site of the ADC within eight weeks after their annual meeting.