The Vocabularies and Semantics Working Goup brings together people who are interested in semantics and vocabularies relevant to the polar regions. Orginally established as a joint effort between the Arctic Data Committee and the Arctic Data Sub Team of the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee, the group is open to all individuals and organizations with an interest in this topic.
Group activities included:
- Promote awareness of existing vocabularies and semantics initiatives to increase effectiveness and reduce or eliminate redundancy
- Coordinate vocabulaies and semantics development activities across the polar information community
- Enable and organize regular communication within the community
- Help members of the community connect to useful and interoperable vocabularies
- Inform polar community about broader activities (e.g. ESIP, RDA), and act as ambassadors from the polar community to other initiatives
Partner and Related Groups and Activities
WMO activities (through METNO)
A set of collaboration tools and communication channels will be established for the group. Slack will be used for realtime, day to day communictions. A Google Group will be esablished for document management etc., and a Github repository is being established for specific vocabularies or ontologies established under the project.