The number of participants at the summit is limited. As of Aprill 30th, registration for the Polar Data Planning Summit closed.
The recommended airport is Denver International Airport (DEN).
There are many ways to get from DIA to Boulder. Below are a few:
- Shuttle service Green Ride Colorado shuttle - Boulder Offers shuttle service from/to DIA. The link for reservations is below: https://www.greenrideboulder.com/reserve.html
- Public Transportation The Regional Transportation District (RTD) offers reasonable bus service from/to DIA. The cost for a one-way trip is $9. RTD schedules will be changing May 20, 2018. General information about public transit can be found here: https://www.flydenver.com/parking_transit/transit/bus-rtd-skyride. The link to the new schedule for the AB1 is below: http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules/getSchedule.action?serviceType=3&routeId=AB&routeType=9&&runboardId=2514
- If you will be renting a car:
Driving Directions to Best Western Boulder Hotel, 770 28th Street, Boulder, 303-449-3800
- Fast Toll-route Shortest. 44 miles, 41 min, Toll $6.50 (recommended only during rush hour) Depart Denver International Airport via Pena Blvd. Exit right onto E-470 North. Continue on E-470N until you exit to US-36. Turn right on US-36 to Boulder. US-36 becomes 28th Street in Boulder. Take ramp to Baseline Rd. Go straight across Baseline onto the frontage road. Best Western Boulder Inn is 1 block on right.
- Long Route, No Toll, 44 miles, 48-60 min Follow airport exit signs to Pena Blvd. After 9.7 miles, Pena Blvd. merges into I-70W. From I-70 W take the I-270N Exit (#279) towards Fort Collins. Merge onto US-36W for about 26 miles. Take Baseline Rd. exit, and stay in middle lane after exit. Go straight through traffic light onto the frontage road. Best Western Boulder Inn is 1 block on right.
Some simple rules for orienting in Boulder. The Mountains run North-South and are always to the west. Broadway is the main thoroughfare near campus. Arapahoe is a major East-West road. north-south roads are generally numbered from west to east.
Driving directions from Boulder Inn to University Memorial Center (note that parking is very difficult to secure. driving is not recommended)
Transit directions from Boulder Inn to University Memorial Center (fare $2.60 exact change required)
Walking directions from Boulder Inn to University Memorial Center (this can be challenging for non-locals. bringing a phone for guidance is recommended)
Note that the weather in Colorado can be quite variable at this time of year. Tempartures can vary tens of degrees over the course of a day. Sunny skies are typical for Colorado, however participants should be preparred for precipitation as well. For up-to-date information, please check services such as https://www.accuweather.com, https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado/weather-radar,
- << Prev